- Swami Vivekanand National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research (SVNIRTAR) is an Autonomous Body under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DIVYANGJAN), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. It is located in a beautiful rural area at Olatpur at a distance of 30 Kms. from Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
- It conducts three Bachelor Degree courses in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Prosthetics and Orthotics, three Postgraduate courses in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Prosthetics & Orthotics affiliated to Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. It also has an accreditation for DNB in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi. It also conducts Short Orientation Courses, Continuing Medical Education courses for Rehabilitation professionals, awareness programmes for the functionaries of Govt. and Non-Govt., Persons With Disabilities and their relatives etc.
- It has a Hospital, wards with 100 beds, Operation Theatres, X-ray and pathological investigations, Physio-Occupational Therapy services, Clinical Psychology, Vocational Counselling, Speech and Hearing, fabrication of rehabilitation of aids and appliances. It provides total medical rehabilitation for the Persons with Locomotor Disabilities.
- Institute continued to provide rehabilitation services (Physiotherapy and Ocupational Therapy) through its three Sub-centres at Cuttack, Dhenkanal and Bhubaneswar. Institute Provides technical and manpower support to Composite Regional Centre (CRC), Guwahati, Assam (One of the five centres established by MoSJ&E, Govt. of India) to provide comprehensive rehabilitation service and Human Resource Development in north east region. It has been established and became functional from March – 2001 under control and supervision of Director SVNIRTAR. Nine District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs) in Bihar, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha were successfully established by the institute have been functioning well under the District Management Team (DMT) by the chairmanship of District Collector.
- It conducts Rehabilitation Camps in rural, remote and interior areas of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chattisgarch, Jammu & Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and North-Eastern States to provide rehabilitation services (fabrication and fitment, distribution of rehabilitation aids and appliances, surgical camps) in the door steps of the Persons with Disabilities who can not go to bigger cities.
6. It has a good Library, Information and Documentation service facility to disseminate information in the fields of disability, rehabilitation and related areas. Provides consultancy services to Govt. and Non-Govt.Organisation in setting/providing rehabilitation services.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.