- This event has passed.
Discuss the challenges of the transition to older age where frailty, loneliness and suicidal thoughts can occur.
June, 2022 @ 14:45 - 16:00 UTC+5.5
Session aim: Discuss the challenges of the transition to older age where frailty, loneliness and suicidal thoughts can occur.
- Discuss how frailty, loneliness, sadness, depression and suicide are connected.
- Identify strategies for mitigating the link between physical frailty and mental frailty.
- Evaluate the role the community plays in Older People’s physical and mental health.
- Identify the services that can support Older People’s social and emotional wellbeing in the community and Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF’s).
- Discuss improved targeting of referrals for older people who may be experiencing frailty, loneliness, sadness, depression or suicidal ideation as a result of improved understanding of the role of different disciplines and community services.
Our interdisciplinary panel of experts includes:
- Prof. Susan Kurrle (NSW – Geriatrician)
- Prof. Viviana Wuthrich (NSW – Psychologist)
- Sandy Matthews (NSW – Director of Nursing)
The session will be facilitated by Dr Stephen Ginsborg (NSW based GP)
Online – join via your computer
Register here link