Gwalior Mansik Arogyshala is an autonomous Mental Hospital under the Department of Medical Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh. Gwalior Mansik Arogyshala is a major psychiatric treatment centre of M.P.. It was established in 1935 as a Mental Asylum. Since then it has witnessed a significant change due to advances in Medical Sciences as well as due to intervention of honorable Supreme Court in 1994 and thereafter due to supervision of NHRC since 1997.
Due to inhuman living condition and poor treatment facilities existing in Mental Hospitals across the country many public interest litigations were filed in honorable Supreme Court. In response to these PIL honorable Supreme Court had instructed MP State Govt. to improve the living conditions & treatment facilities in Mental Hospital, Gwalior and convert into a teaching institute. Since 1997 on behalf of Supreme Court, NHRC is instrumental in monitoring & the progress of Gwalior Mansik Arogyshala.
Milestones of Gwalior Mansik Arogyshala
- In 1935 a 30 bedded Hospital was started
- On 25th October 1994 the name was changed from Mental Hospital to Gwalior Mansik Arogyashala
- Male half way home was started in 1999
- Female half way home was started in 2001
- Open ward 30 bedded was started in 19th july 1999
- In 2001 strength of open ward was increased to 50 beds
- Female close ward was started in 2005
- Modified ECT was started in 2005
- New OPD building was started in 2005
- Drug De-addiction center was started in March 2015
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.